My friend Becky has a bun in the oven – and this bun is COOKED! She’s the first of my college friends to be having a little cherrub, so naturally, all of us gals have a zillion questions – “What’s that weird line down your belly button?” “Are you using Cocoa butter to avoid stretch marks?” “Are you scared $hitless?” – all the standards! Becky couldn’t be any more perfectly pregnant – she’s all belly – and when little Lane comes down the shoot, I’m sure it will only take her about a week or so to snap back to pre-pregnancy perfection! (hate her :))
Today, we’re having a ‘pre-lane’ ladies lunch – and nautrally I thought to ask what foods may induce labor, hopefully staying away from them – and Becky replied by saying “No….PLEASE…I need all the help I can get!” hence these delicious Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls, with enough spice to prompt any cooked bun to emerge from the oven (I think she ate about 6 of them haha – no Lane yet though! We’re all anxiously awaiting!)
Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
Egg Roll Wrappers
(can be purchased in the produce section, near the tofu and cole slaw mixes)
2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken
1 large tub of light cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup light ranch dressing
1 cup Frank’s hot sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2) In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and ranch dressing until combined. Then mix the hot sauce, shredded chicken and shredded cheese. Combine the two mixtures.
3) Take egg roll wrapper – wet the edges with warm water, using a pastry brush.
4) Take about 2 tablespoons of the buffalo chicken mixture and spread in a thin line diagonally down the center of the egg roll wrapper.
5) Roll the edges in and fold like a little burrito.
6) Place on a foil lined baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray. Baste the tops lightly with olive oil.
7) Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 20 minutes, turning over half way through.
8) Take out and let cool on a cooling rack for about ten minutes.
9) Serve with celery and ranch dressing! YUM!
While these may not have induced labor, they were still the perfect lunch side/appetizer that would be great for any occasion, especially a pre-baby ladies lunch.
Can’t wait to meet you Lane! Maybe Gerber can start making a ‘Buffalo Chicken Egg Roll’ puree 🙂