It seems like ice cream sandwiches have been around since the dawn of time – other frozen novelties have come and gone from the shelves of your local grocery store, but the simple combination if vanilla ice cream perfectly sandwiched between two soft and chewy chocolate cookies has been a crowd pleaser for generations.
I like ice cream – I actually love it. And biting into an ice cream sandwich might be one of the best tastes of summer – especially when the soft cookie gets stuck to the roof of your mouth – love that.
So how can you fake out your taste buds and save yourself a few cellulite dimples?
See below 🙂
Skinny “Ice Cream” Sandwiches
*yields 4 sammies
4 full Chocolate Graham Cracker sheets
8 tbsp. Fat-Free Cool Whip
1) Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
2) Snap each full graham cracker sheet in half and lay out on the wax paper.
3) Place 2 tbsp. of fat-free cool whip on one of the 2 graham crackers and then top with the other.
4) Sprinkle with rainbow nonpareils (or any ‘decoration’ of your choice – nuts, chocolate chips, the options are endless!)
5) Place in the freezer for about an hour in order for cool whip to freeze.
Once frozen, the cool whip takes on a soft, chewy texture that takes you to your Ice Cream happy place, without all the guilt. And for only 2 WW points per sammie, well, you could even have two 🙂