I know everyone’s sad about Summer being over and all but how can you be sad when FALL is the next season on deck? Augh, the leaves! The crisp air! The apples! The pumpkins! The pumpkin beer! I’m getting giddy just thinking about it and all the amazing foodstuffs that come with it!
This recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins is a recipe of my mom’s. I can’t really remember when she started making these, but when she did, they became one of my most favorite fall treats of all time. I remember she’d send me back to college with them after a weekend home, and after eating about 1/2 dozen myself, I would then contemplate sharing them with others. And then when I had my own apartment and my own kitchen, I started making them myself. And now, it’s not really fall in my mind until I’ve made a batch – and that’s exactly what I did this past weekend. After some yucky rain and humidity, Sunday was a gorgeous fall day, blue sky with a little chill in the air – the perfect day for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. I have no idea of the origin of this recipe, all I know is that it proves that some of the best recipes of all time are scribbled down on a piece of notebook paper.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
*Mom’s Recipe 🙂
*yields about 2 dozen muffins
2 cups sugar
1.5 cups vegetable oil
3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. salt
1 – 15oz. can of pumpkin puree
1.5 cups mini chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Cream together sugar, oil and eggs in a standing mixer or electric beaters.
3) In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Slowly add to the sugar/oil/egg mixture until combined.
4) Add the pumpkin puree and mix well.
5) Fold in the mini chips.
6) Scoop 1/4 cup of muffin batter into a greased muffin tin or cupcake papers. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes and let cool.
It’s arguable that this could almost be considered more of a ‘cupcake’ than a ‘muffin’ but really, who cares? They’re the perfect start to a cool fall morning 🙂
Enjoy and happy fall to all!