This past weekend was one for the books, for a LOT of reasons:
1) THREE thirtieth birthday celebrations! One being Dave’s – the other two, my friend Julie and Katie. Turning 30 is like an epidemic lately, but a good one!
2) I became a ‘mom’ to this litte guy, and boyyyy am I in love!
So it was a busy weekend spent playing with this litte man, getting him acclimated to his new home, and celebrating birthdays!
Luckily for Julie and Katie’s birthday BBQ on Sunday, I was able to squeeze out some Dirty Thirty Cupcakes for the occasion while Hairy was taking a nap – switched them up a bit this time and used green buttercream frosting as ‘grass’ and FINALLY went and bought some Icing tips, so that I could get that ‘professional look’ that Miki from Miki’s Kitchen always has on her amazing looking cupcakes. I mean, look at this one she just posted today – now go ahead, wipe your chin. But then I went and covered them with Oreo ‘dirt’ crumbs haha. But, trust me, before the dirt, they looked REALLY professional – swear!
And for Dave’s birthday on Saturday, since we were a little bit on the ‘house bound’ side with the new pooch, we got some lobsters and had a great birthday dinner! These Dijon Roasted potatoes were the perfect side dish for our creepy crawlers.
Dijon Roasted Potatoes
*Adapted from Kelly M. at food.com
1/2 cup dijon mustard
3 tbsp olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp italian dressing
3-4 tbsp. fresh tyme
salt and pepper to taste
3 lbs of red or white potatoes, cut into chunks
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Mix the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
3) Toss the potatoes with the mustard mixture.
4) Place potatoes in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Yum, yum and YUM. I offered one to Hairy, but he’s really into his dog food – see below 🙂